Perfect year round, this Ricotta and Pear Tart Recipe is sure to warm you up from the inside out!
That’s Amore Cheese – you may know them from that time that their Cannoleria partnered with Moon Dog to create the Almighty Cannolo Sour Ale beer. Or, maybe you know them from their Melbourne based artisan cheese shop? Regardless, when it comes to all things dairy, That’s Amore Cheese is at the top of our list for delicious goods made with the upmost love.
And what’s a better way to express your love and passion than with a cake? More specifically, a tart.
Just in time for Australia’s upcoming pear season, our favourites over at That’s Amore Cheese have shared with us a recipe to a Greek Yoghurt, Ricotta and Pear Tart. Sifted, mixed and folded with love, now has never been more of a better time to try out a new recipe!
Duration: 50 minutes | Difficulty: Easy | Servings: 6
60g unsalted butter, room temperature
100g caster sugar
100g That’s Amore Traditional Ricotta
100g Greek yoghurt
160g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 small corella pears, halved
2 tbsp icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Meanwhile, using the softened butter, mix with the caster sugar for 4-5 minutes.
3. Then, add the eggs, one at a time. Beat until fluffy. Add the That’s Amore Traditional ricotta and the Greek yoghurt, mix until well combined.
4. In the same bowl as the egg and ricotta batter, sift in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the ricotta mixture until well incorporated. Set aside.
5. Line a 23cm cake tin with baking paper, pour in the mixture and spread evenly. Top with the halved pears.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 mins or until cooked through. Once ready, take it out and let it cool completely before dusting with icing sugar.
Looking for another cheesy yet savoury dish? Why not try this Italian Buffalo Ricotta Stuffed Zucchini Flowers Recipe. Or, make use of your pears with these Deliciously Easy Gluten-Free Pear and Coconut Muffins.