Make the switch to salmon a scrumptious one.
Partnering with Sam Wood (The Bachelor Australia), Tassal has joined forces with Australia’s renowned fitness trainer to encourage Aussie dinnertime diners to switch to salmon to help improve their eating habits and adopt a healthier diet.
The initiative conducted by Australia’s largest producer of Tasmanian grown Atlantic salmon, Tassal conducted a survey, Switch Up Your Diet Report by YouGov to learn more about the eating habits of Australians.
Apart from discovering that more than half of survey applicants (56%) are feeling bored of their regular diet and only trying one new recipe a month; interestingly, almost three in 10 (27%) said that a reason they do not eat as healthily as they could is because they do not have time. All in all, 85% of Aussies admit they would like to improve their eating habits and adopt a healthier diet.
This is where Tassal and Sam Wood come in. After discovering that 44% of survey applicants were unaware of what salmon’s main beneficiary, omega-3, is or its benefits are for the body, Tassal teamed up with Sam Wood to design a quick, easy, delicious meal that highlights the superfood.
Duration: | Difficulty: Easy | Servings: 2
2 portions (approx. 260g) Tassal salmon fillets, skin-off
½ tbsp olive oil
¼ cup pesto sauce
30g roasted pine nuts
Shaved parmesan, for serving
Handful fresh basil leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil, add the salt and the spaghetti. Cook spaghetti as per packet instructions until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a small frying pan, add salmon fillets and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat. Cool slightly and break into pieces.
3. Drain the spaghetti and place into a large bowl. Stir through the pesto sauce.
4. Add salmon, half the pine nuts and basil leaves. Toss lightly.
5. Top with shaved parmesan, freshly ground black pepper, the remaining pine nuts and fresh basil leaves.
6. Serve immediately with a fresh garden salad and crusty bread.
To discover more about Tassal, head to their website.
What better way to pair your Sam Wood x Tassal Salmon Pesto Spaghetti than with this latest, Australian vegan wine. Looking to finish with a guilt-free treat? Why don’t you try this Gluten-Free Blueberry and Coconut Slice recipe.