A fun and Aussie twist for your classic breakfast porridge.
Breakfast has never looked or tasted this good, and it’s all thanks to our humble favourites – Uncle Tobys.
Forget saw-dust like porridge, and take your tastebuds on a healthy and delicious journey by indulging in Hayden Quinn’s version of ‘pimping his oats‘, Australiana-style. What Aussie doesn’t love a lamington? But, unfortunately, those little morsels of sponge, jam and cream are overloaded with sugar and nasties and isn’t exactly the ideal way to start your day. But what if you could get the flavour all packed with fibre and natural goodness? You’d want in, right?
Enter the new breakfast recipe of your dreams, the dairy-free Lamington Porridge. This easy to make mid-week breakfast will have you starting your day on one of the most tastiest notes. So, without further ado, we introduce your new morning favourite.
Cooking time: 15 minutes | Difficulty: Easy | Servings: 2
FOR THE JAM
1 cup frozen raspberries
2 tbsp water
FOR THE PORRIDGE
3/4 cup Uncle Tobys Traditional Rolled Oats
1 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
100g 70% dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
FOR THE TOPPINGS
1/4 cup coconut flakes
2 tbsp cocoa nibs
4-5 fresh raspberries
1. Place the frozen raspberries in a small saucepan with water and cook over low heat until raspberries have softened and are beginning to break down (you may need to mash them slightly with a spoon). Remove from heat and set aside until serving.
1. Place the Uncle Tobys Traditional Rolled Oats and coconut milk in a small pot on a medium-to-high heat. Bring the oat mixture to boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer until oats are soft and creamy, stirring continuously.
2. When oats are at your desired consistency, pour half of the mixture into two serving bowls.
3. Add dark chocolate pieces to the remaining mixture in the pot and stir through thoroughly. Once the chocolate is fully combined, spoon the chocolate porridge into your serving bowls and stir through.
1. Spoon into bowls and top with raspberry jam, coconut flakes, cocoa nibs and fresh raspberries. Enjoy.
Tip: Feel free to replace the unsweetened coconut milk with a milk of your choice. As well as that, for a dairy-free dish, opt for dairy-free dark chocolate for the porridge.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Be sure to try our Gluten-Free Blueberry and Coconut Slice, the Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Coconut Chia Buckwheat Parfait or a Peanut Butter Breakfast Muffin.