Muffins are made for mornings.
We all know that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day – and, for most of us, it is something that we all admittedly skip because of the lack of time we have to spare each morning.
So, to combat the challenge of ensuring that our body’s are receiving the energy and protein levels it yearns for, Australian owned peanut butter brand, Mayver’s, has helped us start our day off right by providing us with their Peanut Butter Breakfast Muffins recipe.
This uses one of Australia’s healthiest, tastiest and 100% natural nut spreads, Mayver’s Protein+ Peanut Butter. In less than 30 minutes, you’ll have a batch of breakfast treats ready for you and your family that are on the go.
Cooking time: 30 minutes | Difficulty: Easy | Servings: 12
1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour, sifted
1 cup oats
1 tsp bicarb soda
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup honey or alternate sweetener
1/2 cup Mayver’s Protein+ Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Greek yoghurt
1/2 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
Shredded coconut or pepitas for topping
Tip: To evenly distribute batter into muffin linings, use a portioned ice cream scoop to get a consistent ratio of batter into each holder.
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees fan forced. Line a 12-piece muffin tin and set aside.
2. In a bowl combine all of your dry ingredients and set aside.
3. Next, in a large separate bowl, combine the yoghurt, mashed banana, vanilla extract, egg, Greek yoghurt, peanut butter and honey. Mix well.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients together and mix well. Using a portioned ice cream scoop, scoop the mixture into the lined muffin tin.
5. Top each of the 12 batters with a sprinkle of shredded coconut. Place in the oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until risen and brown. Remove, cool and enjoy.
For more information and other delicious recipes, head to the Mayver’s website.
Are you looking for other delicious breakfast recipes? You’ve come to the right place! Why not try this Berry Nice Smoothie recipe that uses only four ingredients? Or, if you’re looking to stack up on something more delicious on a Saturday or Sunday, try these Chocolate Pancakes with Caramel and Peanut Butter Sauce – yum!