Delicious Vegan Easter Egg Nest Chocolate Mud Cake: Recipe
Slice into something indulgent with this vegan Easter treat!
If you’re ready to treat your tastebuds to something delicious this Easter, we’ve paired up with Califia Farms and The Nourished Chef (Clarissa Kocovski) to share with you a vegan Easter dessert recipe that the whole family will love.
Using Califia Farms Vanilla Oat Milk as the base ingredient, this Vegan Easter Egg Nest Chocolate Cake Recipe will see two sponges sandwiched by layers of a decadently sweet (and smooth) vegan chocolate frosting.
Deliciously indulgent and a must-have dessert this Easter 2022!
Duration: 1 hour | Difficulty: Medium | Servings: 8
For the Vegan Chocolate Mud Cake:
2 cups Califia Farms Vanilla Oat Milk
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
⅔ cup coconut oil, melted
2 medium bananas, mashed
2 heaped cups all purpose flour
1 ⅓ cups granulated sweetener of choice
1 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp Salt
For the Vegan Chocolate Frosting:
1 cup vegan butter (softened)
3 cups powdered sweetener of choice
⅔ cup cocoa powder
⅓ cup vegan chocolate (melted)
¼ Cup Califia Farms Vanilla Oat Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 175C. Line two 20cm round springform cake tins and set aside.
2. In a bowl add the Califia Farms Vanilla Oat Milk and vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes. Then, add the coconut oil and mashed banana. Using a hand or stand mixer, beat the mixture until foamy. Set aside.
3. Into a second bowl, sift all the remaining vegan chocolate cake dry ingredients. Once mixed, slowly add the wet mixture while beating. Beat until no large lumps remain. Divide batter evenly between the two cake tins. Bake for 25-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool.
4. Meanwhile, to make the vegan chocolate frosting, in a clean bowl beat all ingredients until light and fluffy, adding the powdered sweetener in small amounts. If too thick, add more Califia Farms Vanilla Oat Milk. If too thin, add more cocoa powder.
5. Generously layer a thick serving of frosting between the top and bottom cake layers, then on the top. To decorate, scatter your favourite dairy-free Easter eggs and treats. Enjoy!
Be sure to also stack up your pantry with these Best Vegan and Gluten-Freed Australian Chocolate Easter Eggs. Or, for something boozy, we’ve got 9 Easter Cocktail Recipes for 2022.