Stop hopping around – shake up your 2022 Easter long weekend celebrations with an indulgent Easter inspired cocktail recipe!
So you’ve cooked and created your Easter lunch, dinner and dessert. The Easter eggs are ready for a hunt, your table has been stylishly decorated and you’re making the finishing touches on this mouthwatering Easter Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Recipe. Now what?
Don’t forget the drinks! For adults, cocktails at holiday celebrations are a great way to get your guests involved – they act as a second meal and also make for great conversation and party starters. So, to help you create a one-of-a-kind and memorable Easter 2022 celebration, we’ve put together a list of the best indulgent and boozy Easter cocktail recipes for 2022.
From boozy chocolate Easter cocktails to Easter egg cocktails and even non alcoholic Easter drink recipes; let’s get hopping!
1. Build cocktail in a chilled tumbler topped with ice. Stir thoroughly.
2. Garnish the Byron Fling with an edible flower or a wedge of passionfruit.
Cascadia State of Mind
60mL Westward American Single Malt Whiskey
30mL lemon juice
20mL maple or golden syrup
1 tsp apricot jam
1 egg white (or 20mL coconut milk for vegan alternative)
1. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake hard.
2. Double strain into an old fashioned glass with no ice.
3. Garnish with an apricot wedge.
Cassidy Irish Cream Hot Chocolate
50mL Cassidy Irish Cream
2 tsp hot chocolate powder
1. In a saucepan over low heat, mix the hot chocolate powder and milk until warm and combined thoroughly.
2. Once warm, pour into a heat proof mug and add the Cassidy Irish Cream.
3. Garnish with a cinnamon stick, whipped cream or shavings of chocolate.
1. Place all of the ingredients into a blender, blend until it forms smooth drinking consistency.
2. Pour cocktail into either a tall or hurricane glass.
3. Garnish with mini Easter eggs or a broken egg.
Cotton Tail Fizz
1. Add all ingredients to shaker and shake with ice, strain out ice and shake again without ice.
2. Then, pour into a chilled tall glass without ice, top with soda to create the perfect fluffy top.
3. Garnish with orange and/or chocolate sprinkles. Alternately add a sprig of mint to create a refreshing contrast.
Non-Alcoholic Espresso Martini
1. Place all ingredients inside of a cocktail shaker. Shake without ice.
2. Then, fill the shaker halfway with ice and shake hard briefly.
3. Finally, fine strain the cocktail into a coupette glass and garnish with coffee beans or chocolate shavings.
Photographed by Jennifer Pallian. Image via Unsplash.
Honey Tasman Tea
45mL Forty Spotted Tassie Bush Honey
45mL sweetened earl grey tea, chilled
Garnish with a slice of lemon
1. Premake the sweetened earl grey tea, chill overnight.
2. Then, when ready to serve, place all of the ingredients in a tall glass.
3. Top with soda and then garnish with a slice of lemon or a lavender sprig.
Rosé & Soda
60mL SVEDKA Rosé Vodka
Frozen or fresh strawberries, to garnish
1. Using a chilled goblet or old fashioned glass, pour in the SVEDKA Rosé Vodka. Fill the glass with ice.
2. Top the glass with the sparkling water and garnish with the fresh or frozen strawberries.
3. Stir and serve!
Shirl in the City
1. Place all of your ingredients into a blender with ice and blend until it forms a smooth, frozen slurpee consistency.
2. Strain into a tall glass.
3. To finish, garnish your Shirl in the City with grapefruit zest and a eucalyptus sprig.
Be egg-spired and find out what Australian Easter chocolate you are with this quiz. Or for more recipes, try these Spring Inspired Cocktail Recipes.