What better way to enjoy the new season than with a fresh, spring cocktail.
From a blackberry and raspberry infused gin to a whiskey and honeycomb liqueur; when it comes to spirits for spring, our shelves are stocked with plenty to discover. But, if you’re entertaining or you are wanting to mix things up at home, you’re probably asking yourself ‘how to make spring drinks?’
Get ready to flower into something fresh, invigorating and equally blissful, as we’ve found the 10 best spring-inspired cocktail recipes for 2021. Easy to make and the perfect solution for springtime, these 10 spring cocktails are the best way to enjoy the new season!
50mL Bombay Bramble
25mL freshly pressed lemon juice
12.5mL sugar syrup
Lemon wedge and blackberries, to garnish
1. Add all ingredients to an ice-filled rocks glass. Stir generously.
2. Finish by garnishing with a blackberry and lemon wedge (squeezed and dropped in).
60mL Cazcabel Honey Tequila
30mL lime juice
5mL agave syrup
1. Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker and fill with cubed ice. Shake hard and until ice is cold.
2. Strain into a heavy ice-filled rocks glass and garnish.
50mL Bloody Shiraz Gin
25mL fresh lime juice
60mL ginger beer
1. In a mixer, squeeze the lime juice reserving the hull. Add the gin and shake over ice.
2. Strain the gin and lime into an ice-filled rocks glass. Add the ginger beer, ice and garnish with the lime hull.
Rhubarb and Ginger G&T
90mL Mayfair Gin Rhubarb and Ginger
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
120mL tonic water
Lime wedge or slice
1. Fill a glass with ice, add the Mayfair Gin and lime juice.
2. Top with the tonic water and stir. Finish by garnishing with a lime wedge or slice.
60mL Brookie’s Byron Dry Gin
20mL lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
20mL sugar syrup
3-4 fresh raspberries
1 egg white
1. Add all of your ingredients to a shaker. Dry shake to emulsify the egg white.
2. Fill shaker to the brim with cubes of ice. Shake hard for 30 seconds. Then, fine strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
3. Squeeze lemon peel over the top of the cocktail and discard.
Recipe by: Lachy Boyle, Black Pearl Melbourne. Image supplied.
Collingwood Jungle Bird
1. Add all ingredients into the cocktail shaker and shake well.
2. Strain into a collins glass over plenty of ice. Garnish with a lime wedge.
3. Finish by serving with a 90mL side of IPA beer in a pot glass.
Silent Pool Flamingo
1. In a shaker, shake all ingredients with ice. Double strain into a chilled martini glass.
2. Finish by garnishing with a lemon peel.
Bombay Bramble Spritz
1. Add all ingredients to an ice-filled white wine or goblet glass.
2. Garnish with a mint sprig and grapefruit wedge (squeezed and dropped in).
Honeycomb Espresso Martini
1. Shake all ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker until chilled.
2. Fine strain into a chilled coupe cocktail glass. Garnish with honeycomb bark or coffee beans.
Spicy Cucumber Jalapeño Margarita
60mL Tromba Blanco
30mL fresh lime juice
15mL simple syrup
2 cucumber slides
1 jalapeño slice
1. In a mixer, stir the ingredients together.
2. Then, using a rocks or margarita glass, rub some lime juice along the rim. Then, twirl the rim in some salt.
3. Finish by garnishing with some cucumber and jalapeño slices.
Look for other spring-inspired drinks to try? We’ve got you covered! Wine lovers will love these Top 10 Australian Made Wines for Spring 2021. Or, if you enjoy a cold one, sink one of these Top 10 Australian Made Craft Beers and Ciders for Spring 2021.