From mojitos to margarita recipes – cool down this season with these easy and refreshing summer cocktail recipes!
If you’re in search of a drink recipe that is refreshing, easy to make, non-alcoholic or packed with a lot of punch, sip your way through our list of the best summer cocktails that are well-worth trying.
Are you home entertaining? Lounging by the pool? Or just wanting to shake-up your balmy afternoon? What better way to do so than with a refreshing summer cocktail in hand! Enjoy the season the best way we know how, with one of these top 10 easy and refreshing summer cocktail recipes for 2023. Enjoy!
The Aberfeldy Honey Highball
40mL Aberfeldy 12-year-old Single Malt Scotch Whisky
Chilled chamomile tea
1 lemon slice
1. In an ice-filled high ball glass, add the Aberfeldy 12-year-old and honey, stir gently.
2. Add the chilled chamomile tea and stir to disperse.
3. Finish by adding the lemon twist and enjoy!
50mL Bacardi Carta Blanca Rum
25mL lime juice
12 mint leaves
2 tsp extra fine sugar
25mL soda water
1. Take the lime wedges and squeeze them in the glass, gently press together the limes and sugar.
2. Add mint to glass, and press with bar spoon.
3. Half fill the glass with crushed ice, add the Bacardi Carta Blanca Rum and churn.
4. Top with crushed ice and soda. Garnish with a mint sprig.
Gin Elderflower and Rosemary Fizz
1. In a chilled coupe glass, add the Mirabeau Dry Rosé Gin and the elderflower cordial and gently stir.
2. Top with the Mirabeau La Folie Sparkling Rosé and garnish with the sprigs of rosemary.
1 bottle Jam Shed Shiraz
1 cup frozen berries
100mL maple syrup
500mL lemonade or soda water
1 lemon, sliced
1. Add the orange, lemon, frozen berries, maple syrup, red wine, lemonade and brandy to a carafe.
2. Stir until the maple syrup is fully dissolved and all ingredients have mixed thoroughly.
3. Add ice, then pour mixture into jam jars. Add more ice and fruit as needed.
Lyre's Pink G&T
60mL Lyre’s Pink London Spirit
20mL premium bottled Mediterranean tonic
1 cucumber slice
4 slices of strawberry
1. In an ice-filled goblet glass add the Lyre’s Pink London Spirit, the Mediterranean tonic, the cucumber and the strawberries.
2. Stir well and finish by garnishing with a sprig of rosemary.
Strawberry Balsamic Smash
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Lakanto Golden Malt Syrup
2 cucumber rounds
2 lime wedges
½ cup coconut water
½ cup soda water
1. Muddle the strawberry, balsamic vinegar, Lakanto Golden Malt Syrup, cucumber and lime in a cocktail shaker until juices are released.
2. Add the coconut water and a few cubes of ice. Shake and then strain into an ice-filled glass.
3. Top with soda water and serve.
1. Rim the glass with some fleur de sel.
2. Then combine the Cointreau, tequila, lime and strawberries in a shaker with ice. Muddle it, shake it, strain it and serve it.
3. Finish by garnishing with a mint sprig to bring some freshness.
60mL Mirabeau Dry Rosé Gin
60mL mimosa syrup*
20mL lemon juice
1. In an ice-filled tall glass, add the Mirabeau Dry Rosé Gin, the mimosa syrup and the lemon juice. Top with sparkling water.
2. Gently stir and garnish with a mimosa blossom or lemon wheel.
*To make the Mimosa Syrup:
1. In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine 4 cups of mimosa blossom, 500mL water, the juice of a lemon and 500g of sugar. Gently stir and remove from heat once the sugar dissolves. Cool and finely strain mixture into an air-tight glass jar.
50mL Mirabeau Dry Rosé Gin
20mL fresh lemon juice
10mL rose syrup
A hint of grenadine
100mL soda water
A sprig of rosemary, to garnish
Lemon twist, to garnish
1. Using a tall glass, moisten the rim with the rosemary sprig and a lemon twist.
2. In an ice-filled shaker, shake the Mirabeau Rosé Gin, fresh lemon juice, rose syrup and grenadine.
3. Strain into the ice-filled glass and top with soda water. Finish by garnishing with the rosemary and lemon twist.
60mL Don Julio Blanco Tequila
30mL lime juice
20mL agave mix
1. Add all ingredients in shaker.
2. Shake and strain over fresh cubed ice into a tumbler glass.
3. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Looking for some more drink recipes to try? These 5 Cocktail Books are a Must Have for any home bar! Or, for some seasonal sips, we’ve also curated a list of the Top 10 Australian Made Wine, Craft Beer and Cider for Summer 2023.