Looking to cool down this summer? We’ve got some classic and cool cocktail recipes for you to try!
From margaritas to light refreshers, non-alcoholic cocktails, martinis and, of course, sours – sip your way through the summer season with these cocktail recipes that are worth trying.
Are you home entertaining? Lounging by the pool? Or just wanting to shake-up your balmy afternoon? What better way to do so than with a refreshing summer cocktail in hand! Enjoy the season the best way we know how, with one of these top 10 summer inspired cocktail recipes for 2022. Enjoy!
50mL Bacardi Carta Blanca Rum
25mL lime juice
12 mint leaves
2 tsp extra fine sugar
25mL soda water
1. Take the lime wedges and squeeze them in the glass, gently press together the limes and sugar.
2. Add mint to glass, and press with bar spoon.
3. Half fill the glass with crushed ice, add the Bacardi Carta Blanca Rum and churn.
4. Top with crushed ice and soda. Garnish with a mint sprig.
20mL chamomile honey syrup
60mL Solento Blanco
20mL lemon juice
1. To create the chamomile honey syrup, combine 1 part honey with 1 part chamomile tea. Cool.
2. Then, in an ice-filled shaker, combine the Solento Blanco, lemon juice and chamomile honey syrup. Shake.
3. Strain into a coupe and garnish with a lemon wheel and chamomile flowers.
30mL Australian Distilling Co. Vodka
10mL Greenbar Distillery Fruitlab Organic Ginger Liqueur
10mL aloe vera juice
1. Combine the vodka, ginger liqueur and juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2. Shake well for at least 15 seconds.
3. Strain into a chilled champagne flute and top with sparkling wine. Garnish with edible flowers.
1 bottle Jam Shed Shiraz
1 cup frozen berries
100mL maple syrup
500mL lemonade or soda water
1 lemon, sliced
1. Add the orange, lemon, frozen berries, maple syrup, red wine, lemonade and brandy to a carafe.
2. Stir until the maple syrup is fully dissolved and all ingredients have mixed thoroughly.
3. Add ice, then pour mixture into jam jars. Add more ice and fruit as needed.
1. Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake well.
2. Double strain into a coupe glass and garnish with a skewered lychee.
Lyre's Pink G&T
60mL Lyre’s Pink London Spirit
20mL premium bottled Mediterranean tonic
1 cucumber slice
4 slices of strawberry
1. In an ice-filled goblet glass add the Lyre’s Pink London Spirit, the Mediterranean tonic, the cucumber and the strawberries.
2. Stir well and finish by garnishing with a sprig of rosemary.
60mL Solento Blanco
20mL fresh lemon juice
1 egg white
20mL agave syrup
1. In a cocktail shaker, dry shake all ingredients.
2. Add ice and shake hard again.
3. Strain into a coupe glass and finish by garnishing with a lemon twist.
Strawberry Balsamic Smash
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Lakanto Golden Malt Syrup
2 cucumber rounds
2 lime wedges
½ cup coconut water
½ cup soda water
1. Muddle the strawberry, balsamic vinegar, Lakanto Golden Malt Syrup, cucumber and lime in a cocktail shaker until juices are released.
2. Add the coconut water and a few cubes of ice. Shake and then strain into an ice-filled glass.
3. Top with soda water and serve.
1. Rim the glass with some fleur de sel.
2. Then combine the Cointreau, tequila, lime and strawberries in a shaker with ice. Muddle it, shake it, strain it and serve it.
3. Finish by garnishing with a mint sprig to bring some freshness.
60mL Don Julio Blanco Tequila
30mL lime juice
20mL agave mix
1. Add all ingredients in shaker.
2. Shake and strain over fresh cubed ice into a tumbler glass.
3. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Looking for some more cocktail inspiration? These 5 cocktail books are a must-have in your home bar! Or leave it to the professionals and order your favourite tipple at the 10 Best Beach Bars around Australia.