Lashings of sauce, tender chicken and a carb-loaded pasta, what more could you want?
We’re not working on our summer-bods just yet, so why not indulge in this decadent and comforting Chicken and Mushroom Pasta Bake?
Manu Fieldel doesn’t skimp on the foodie pleasures life gives us, one of which, includes heavenly sauce. So get ready for a night in and whip-up this decadent, heart-warming and crowd-pleasing bake.
Cooking time: 45 Minutes | Difficulty: Easy | Servings: 4
250g dry penne pasta
80mL olive oil
500g chicken thighs, thinly sliced
200g baby swiss brown mushrooms, cut into quarters
2 x 150g pouches of The Sauce by Manu, Mushroom Sauce
A small handful of parsley, finely chopped
50g dry breadcrumbs
200g tasty cheese, grated
1. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water for 7-8 minutes or until al dente. Drain well and set to one side.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C with the grill on.
3. Heat a wok or frying pan over high heat. Pour in half the oil and when hot, add the chicken thighs. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is taking on a little bit of colour and not quite cooked through. Transfer to a bowl and return the pan to the heat.
4. Add the remaining olive oil and when hot, add the mushrooms. Cook for 4-5 minutes, add butter halfway through and stir occasionally until the butter is melted and mushrooms are golden.
5. Return the chicken to the pan, turn off the heat, add the sauce and gently mix. Stir in parsley, add pasta and mix to combine.
6. Pour mixture into a six cup capacity oven dish, sprinkle over bread crumbs and scatter over the cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until bubbling and the cheese is melted and golden. Spoon into serving bowls and bon appetite!
Be sure to check out all of our recipes; from something savoury, to cheeky sweets and clean eats — we’ve got it all! Or, to dig into some more Manu Feildel creations, why not try this Peking Duck Omelette or Lamington Soufflé recipe?