Two in one: dinnertime has just been made delicious with this Hot Smoky Salmon with Roasted Cauliflower Rice Recipe!
If the name Sarah Glover rings a bell, she’s the author of WILD: Adventure Cookbook. It’s the bible of camp food cooking – where travellers can replace two-minute noodles and sad sandwiches with dishes that are genuinely good and, ultimately, reignite the passion of getting back into nature.
So whether you’re at home or setting up at a new campground, Sarah Glover, Ambassador for Traeger Grills Australia, has kindly shared with us her Hot Smoky Salmon with Roasted Cauliflower Rice Recipe. Enjoy!
Duration: 50 minutes | Difficulty: Easy | Servings: 6
For the Smoky Salmon:
1/2 cup Traeger Fin and Feather Rub
1 x 700g side of salmon, pin-boned
1 orange, thinly sliced into rounds
For the Roasted Cauliflower Rice:
1 large head of cauliflower
1/2 cup natural almonds
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1. To make the smoky salmon, rub the Traeger Fin and Feather Rub all over the flesh of the salmon, then cover and set aside in the fridge to marinate for 2 hours.
2. Preheat the Traeger grill, with the lid closed, on 180°C for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, to make the cauliflower rice, wash and thoroughly dry the cauliflower and remove the leaves. Finely chop the cauliflower into small rice-sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
4. Add the almonds, garlic, lemon zest, paprika, salt and olive oil and mix well with your hands. Spread the mixture on a baking tray lined with baking paper and cook in the Traeger for 30–40 minutes, or until golden.
5. Whilst the roasted cauliflower rice is cooking, insert a meat probe into the centre of the salmon, then place the fish, skin-side down, on the barbecue grill. Top the salmon with the orange slices, close the lid and cook for about 45 minutes, until the internal temperature of the fish reaches 60°C.
6. Once done, place the roasted cauliflower rice on a serving platter, top with the salmon and serve.
For more Sarah Glover recipes, try this Heirloom Tomato Shakshuka with Bacon Salsa, these Whiskey Grilled Chicken Wings, a Cabbage and Pawpaw Salad or this Easy Baked ANZAC Biscuit Apple Crumble Dessert Recipe.