Shake up the silly season with some extra cheer thanks to these delicious and easy Christmas cocktails!
Christmas and cocktails go hand-in-hand. Thankfully, there’s a whole bunch of holiday cocktails that are bound to put some extra cheer in your festive season.
Whether you’re looking for something that pairs well with lunch and dinner or maybe a cocktail that acts as its own dessert, we’ve got you covered! Plus, with these new Christmas cocktail ideas, they are sure to have you feeling merry in no time.
So get ready to rock around the Christmas tree with our list of eight easy and must try Christmas cocktail drink recipes for the 2022 festive season!
45mL Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva
30mL whole milk
30mL fresh cream
1 egg yolk
10mL vanilla syrup
Nutmeg and star anise, to garnish
1. In a cocktail shaker, add all ingredients and shake until combined.
2. Pour into a rocks glass and garnish with nutmeg and star anise.
Photographed by viennetta. Image via Shutterstock.
1. Place your coupe glass in the fridge to chill.
2. Then, combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, shake. Then, add ice and vigorously shake again to create a froth.
3. Strain into your chilled coupe glass and serve with skewered raspberries as a garnish.
30mL pink apple juice
30mL apple and raisin syrup
Crushed biscuit, to garnish
1. Crush the biscuits on a plate. Then, wet the rim of your coupette glass with a lemon wedge.
2. Roll the glass into the crushed biscuits to create a biscuit-covered rim.
3. Then, in an ice-filled shaker, add your wet ingredients. Shake hard for 10 seconds.
4. Strain the cocktail into your garnished glass and enjoy!
45mL Jumping Goat Vodka Coffee Liqueur
30mL Archie Rose Native Botanical Vodka
30mL gingerbread syrup or liqueur
20mL Baileys Irish Cream
Whipped Cream, gingerbread and cinnamon powder, to garnish
1. In a shaker, mix Jumping Goat Vodka Liqueur with Vodka, Gingerbread Syrup and Baileys Irish Cream.
2. Fill the shaker with ice and shake hard. Double strain into a goblet-like festive glass.
3. Garnish with whipped cream, a mini piece of gingerbread and cinnamon powder.
Honey Pineapple Margarita
30mL Cazcabel Honey Tequila
20mL Cazcabel Blanco Tequila
25mL lime juice
25mL pineapple juice
5mL agave syrup
Garnish with orange peel and pineapple leaf
1. Using a cocktail shaker, shake all of ingredients hard before straining into an ice-filled rocks glass.
2. Garnish with an orange peel and pineapple leaf.
Pie ‘n’ Dry
30ml Moreau Apple Pie Liqueur
Dry Ginger Ale
Lime, to garnish
1. In a tall glass filled with ice, pour the Moreau Apple Pie Liqueur.
2. Finish by topping with the dry ginger ale and garnishing with a slice of lime. Enjoy immediately!
The Queen Bee
60mL Dubliner Whiskey & Honeycomb Liqueur
15mL fresh lemon juice
10mL sugar syrup
1 tsp forest berry jam
3 dashes orange bitters
Orange twist, to garnish
1. Combine all ingredients to an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake hard.
2. Double strain into a chilled martini glass before garnishing with an orange twist.
Recipe by Nick Tesar (Bar Liberty, Melbourne).
Toffee Apple Stinger
1. Combine ingredients in a cocktail tin with ice.
2. Stir until cold and strain into a chilled coupe glass.