Delicious mocktails? Switch up your Dry July with these alcohol-free drink ideas!
Welcome to Dry July! It’s the month where Aussies abstain from drinking their favourite wine, beer and spirits. But, it’s also the month where we shine a light on some delicious non-alcoholic versions for you to enjoy.
Regardless of your reason not to drink, whether it’s Dry July or not, we’re pleased to share with you some booze-free options for you to sip on.
Forget fruity mocktail recipes overloaded with sugar, we’re talking classic cocktails that have been reinvented with an alcohol-free spin. And, in our opinion, they are just as good as the real deal.
From booze-free Piña Coladas and even an Espresso Martini; Dry July is made easy with premium, Australian made non-alcoholic spirit brand Lyre’s.
Leading the way in innovation for the drinks industry, Lyre’s is here to share the best non-alcoholic cocktail recipes you must try in 2022!
75mL Lyre’s Amaretti
15mL lemon juice
5mL white sugar syrup
10mL egg white
3 dashes aromatic bitters
1. Add all ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Rapid shake.
2. Strain into an ice-filled old fashioned glass. Garnish with a lemon wedge and maraschino cherry.
60mL Lyre’s American Malt
15mL white sugar syrup
15mL lime juice
8 mint leaves
1. Muddle blackberries and mint with sugar syrup in shaker.
2. Then, add all ingredients and shake with ice.
3. Strain into an ice-filled old fashioned glass and garnish with skewered blackberries and a mint sprig.
Blood Orange Spritz
1. Add ingredients to large or stemless wine glass, fill with ice and stir well.
2. Garnish with a blood orange slice and rosemary sprig, enjoy!
1. In an ice-filled old fashioned glass, add all ingredients.
2. Stir briefly and finish by garnishing with a lemon slice.
1. Place a lemon twist inside of a shaker followed by the ingredients.
2. Then, shake briefly with ice and fine strain into a cocktail coupette. Finish by garnishing with an orange twist.
1. Place all ingredients inside of a cocktail shaker. Shake without ice.
2. Then, fill the shaker halfway with ice and shake hard briefly.
3. Finally, fine strain the cocktail into a coupette glass and garnish with coffee beans or chocolate shavings.
Recipe and image supplied by Dan Murphy's.
2 sliced strawberries
15mL lemon juice
45mL Lyre’s American Malt Whisky
2 dashes bitters
150mL ginger beer
1 lemon slice, to garnish
1. Add sliced strawberries to a highball glass and muddle. Add lemon juice, non-alcoholic whiskey and bitters.
2. Top with ginger beer and stir. Add ice, then garnish with a lemon slice and strawberry discs.
1. In a cocktail shaker add all ingredients and shake briefly.
2. Strain into an old fashioned glass with ice. Garnish with a lime wedge and mint sprig.
60mL Lyre’s White Cane Spirit
15mL lime juice
90mL unsweetened pineapple juice
7.5mL premium coconut syrup
1⁄2 fresh passionfruit pulp
Mint sprig and passionfruit shell, to garnish
1. Add all ingredients to a shaker, dry shake.
2. Then, fill the shaker with ice, shake hard, strain into an ice-filled goblet or colada glass and garnish.
75mL Lyre’s White Cane Spirit
75mL coconut water
20mL white sugar syrup
6 fresh inch-long pineapple chunks
1. Muddle pineapple chunks in a shaker.
2. Add ice and remaining ingredients, shake hard.
3. Strain into an ice-filled highball glass. Garnish with a pineapple wedge and mint sprig.
After you’ve tried these alcohol-free cocktail ideas, why not also try these Low Alcohol and Non-Alcoholic Australian Made Wines. Or, for something brewed, we’ve also found Australian Made Low Alcohol and Non-Alcoholic Beers.