Forget fruity mocktails – treat your Dry July with a delicious, alcohol-free cocktail.
Regardless of your reason not to drink, we’re pleased to share that although you may want to steer clear of alcoholic beverages, there’s some booze-free options out there for you to sip on.
Forget fruity mocktails and soft drinks, we’re talking classic cocktails that have been reinvented with an alcohol-free spin. Still featuring the fragrant smells and the bewitching taste of the alcoholic versions, these alcohol-free cocktail recipes are just as good as the real thing – just booze-free!
From a mulled wine recipe to classic cocktails made with a non-alcoholic spin thanks to premium, Australian-made, non-alcoholic spirit brand Lyre’s (winner of the 2021 consumer-voted Product of The Year awards, voted best for innovation in its category); these 10 best and easiest non-alcoholic cocktail recipes are sure to help you enjoy your favourite sips booze-free. Thank us later!
Blood Orange Spritz
1. Add ingredients to large or stemless wine glass, fill with ice and stir well.
2. Garnish with a blood orange slice and rosemary sprig, enjoy!
1. In an ice-filled old fashioned glass, add all ingredients.
2. Stir briefly and finish by garnishing with a lemon slice.
1. Place a lemon twist inside of a shaker followed by the ingredients.
2. Then, shake briefly with ice and fine strain into a cocktail coupette. Finish by garnishing with an orange twist.
1. Place all ingredients inside of a cocktail shaker. Shake without ice.
2. Then, fill the shaker halfway with ice and shake hard briefly.
3. Finally, fine strain the cocktail into a coupette glass and garnish with coffee beans or chocolate shavings.
Recipe and image supplied by Dan Murphy's.
2 sliced strawberries
15mL lemon juice
45mL Lyre’s Non Alcoholic American Malt Whisky
2 dashes bitters
150mL ginger beer
1 lemon slice, to garnish
1. Add sliced strawberries to a highball glass and muddle. Add lemon juice, non-alcoholic whiskey and bitters.
2. Top with ginger beer and stir. Add ice, then garnish with a lemon slice and strawberry discs.
Mango Ginger Fizz
1 tbsp mango nectar
2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
1 cup diet ginger beer
1. Top your Luigi Bormioli Diamante Highball Glass with ice. Add mango nectar, orange juice and top with ginger beer.
2. Stir to combine, garnish with mint, and serve. If you love mango you can add a little extra mango nectar, just be mindful of the sugar content.
1 bottle of Plus and Minus Pinot Noir or Shiraz
3 star anise
1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup
2 cinnamon sticks
6 whole cloves
1 orange, cut into slices for garnishing and finishing flavours
1. Place all the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to simmer (not boil, as the aromatics will dissipate). Leave on very low heat for 10 minutes.
2. Serve with orange slices and your favourite garnish (cinnamon for us).
60mL Lyre’s White Cane Spirit
15mL lime juice
90mL unsweetened pineapple juice
7.5mL premium coconut syrup
1⁄2 fresh passionfruit pulp
Mint sprig and passionfruit shell, to garnish
1. Add all ingredients to a shaker, dry shake.
2. Then, fill the shaker with ice, shake hard, strain into an ice-filled goblet or colada glass and garnish.
100mL of Plus and Minus Blanc De Blancs
100mL of orange juice of your choice
1x Dried orange
Sprig of rosemary, to stir and garnish
1. Add orange juice and plus and minus blanc de blancs into a blender with a small amount of ice.
2. Pulse for 5-10 seconds and pour into your glass of choice. Stir with rosemary cutting and garnish with dried orange.
Sparkling Fire Tonic
Chilled SodaStream Sparkling Water
1tbsp Fire Cider Tonic
70mL fresh orange juice
Pinch of sea salt flakes
Pinch of ground cinnamon
Orange peel strip, to garnish
Cup of ice cubes, to serve
1. Place ice cubes in a 400mL stemmed cocktail glass. Arrange the orange peel strip along the inside of the glass in a spiral fashion.
2. Add fire cider tonic, orange juice, salt and cinnamon. Top with the Sodastream Sparkling water. Stir and enjoy.
Looking for some other alcohol-free options? Start with these 10 Low Alcohol and Non-Alcoholic Australian Wines. Or, if you’re more into a brew, you can’t go wrong with one of these Australian-made Low Alcohol and Non-Alcoholic Beers.