Bring the passion back to muffin-making.
If you’re looking for a muffin recipe that’s just as easy as it is to eat than it is to make, well, we’ve found it. Meet the UNCLE TOBYS Passionfruit and Chia Whole-Grain Muffins recipe.
Designed by nutritionist and UNCLE TOBYS ambassador, Kathleen Alleaume, this delicious oven-baked treat is packed with a delicious amount of omega 3, fibre and protein – and that’s all thanks to the powers of UNCLE TOBYS Traditional Rolled Oats and chia seeds.
Ideal for those families or Sunday afternoon kitchen crusaders wanting to try something new, thankfully the UNCLE TOBYS Passionfruit and Chia Whole-Grain Muffins recipe means you’ll be spending less time scouring the pantry or shopping aisle, and more time bitting into these new found favourite muffins that take less than an hour to make!
Cooking time: 45 minutes | Difficulty: Easy | Servings: 12
2 cups of UNCLE TOBYS Traditional Rolled Oats
2 free range eggs
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup maple syrup
2 passionfruit, pulp removed, extra for garnish
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup Greek yoghurt
2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a muffin tray with spray oil or line with wrappers.
2. Next, to make the oat flour, blitz the rolled oats in a high-speed blender until oats form a flour. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and maple until mixture becomes thick. Add the passionfruit pulp, chia seeds, yoghurt and mix until well combined.
4. Fold through the oat flour mixture and baking powder.
5. Spoon mixture into muffin tins and then bake for 30 minutes or until muffins are cooked through.
6. Remove from the oven and allow cooling for 10 minutes, and then turning onto cooling rack to cool slightly. Muffins can be stored in air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Nutritional information (per serve): Energy 859kJ (204 cals); 4g protein; 25g carbs; (15g total sugar); 9.4g fat (1.9g saturated fat); 2.1g fibre.
Looking for other oat-infused recipes to try using your UNCLE TOBYS Traditional Rolled Oats? For a quick and easy on-the-go breakfast, why not try this Dairy-Free Lamington Porridge Recipe. Or, if you’re looking to make a delectable brunch, dig in deep to this Whole-Grain Oat Shakshuka Recipe.