Sip your way through summer!
When we think of summer, we think of cocktails. Because nothing is quite like the sensation of chilling poolside with a freshly made fizz or seasonal fruit shaken up to create a sweet yet soothing concoction. Thankfully with some very helpful insider secrets, we’re here to share six summer cocktails for you to stir, shake and sip on:
Fresh lemon juice
Soda or sparkling water
1. Pour Disaronno over ice, add a squeeze of fresh juice and top up with soda water.
2. Sit and garnish with lemon zest.
25mL fresh pressed lime juice
Ginger and lime slice
1. Pour Disaronno and fresh-pressed lime juice over ice in a mule cup and stir.
2. Top up with ginger beer. Garnish with grated ginger.
25mL fresh lemon juice
5mL sugar syrup
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a shaker. Add ice.
2. Shake. Strain into a glass and serve with a slice of lemon.
Plus, we’ve partnered with Crown Melbourne and they’ve shared the secret behind their delicious Elderflower Spritz, Fruit De La Passion as well as Lychee & Rose for you to now create at home. But if you’re too keen to sip without doing any of the work, Lumia, Jackpot and Velvet Bar will be serving up these three summer concoctions until Saturday 30 November 2019 for $21 each:
30mL St Germain
15ml lime juice
30ml sugar syrup
5x cucumber slices
1. Muddle cucumber at the bottom of a balloon glass.
2. Add crushed ice.
3. Add St Germain, Hendricks Gin, lime juice, sugar syrup and stir.
4. Top with soda water and garnish with a slice of cucumber.
Fruit De La Passion
30mL peach schnapps
30mL lemon juice
15mL passionfruit pulp
Carbonated lemon juice
Half passionfruit to garnish
1. Place ice into a Palladio or tall glass.
2. Add Passoa, schnapps, lemon juice, passionfruit, lemon squash and stir.
3. Top with passionfruit to garnish.
Lychee & Rose
45mL Ketel One vodka or equivalent
15mL Paraiso lychee liqueur
30mL apple juice
30mL lemon juice
15mL Monin Rose syrup
Rose petals to garnish
1. Place vodka, Paraiso, apple juice, lemon juice and Monin Rose syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake and double strain into a martini glass.
3. Garnish with rose petals.