Just because the holiday season is fast approaching, we shouldn’t push our health kicks to the side… well maybe just a little.
However, with this sensationally delicious raw Raspberry and Cacao Slice made with 100% naturally sweetened Lakanto maple flavoured syrup, you won’t have to miss out on something sweet, AND can feel good about it. It’s vegan, gluten- and refined sugar-free.
Perfect to bring to your next Christmas get together, you’ll have 16 pretty in pink squares that will have your friends coming back for more.
Duration: 2 hours | Difficulty: Medium | Servings: 16 squares
FOR THE BASE:
1/2 cup pecans
1 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp baking blend
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
Pinch of good-quality salt
6+ soft medjool dates, pitted
FOR THE FILLING:
3 cups (375g) frozen or fresh raspberries
3 cups (240g) desiccated coconut
1/3 cup (135mL) Lakanto Maple Syrup
1/2 cup (120mL) canned coconut cream, solid part only
1/2 cup (120g) virgin coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon beetroot powder, optional for colour vanilla
FOR THE CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
1 tbsp raw cacao powder
2 tsp maple syrup
2 tbsp icing powder
2 tsp full-fat coconut cream 2 tsp virgin coconut oil
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Top with satsuma slices
To make the Base:
1. Add everything except the dates to a food processor. Pulse until very small crumbs have formed then add dates and pulse until the mix starts to clump together (if this doesn’t happen, add more dates).
2. Press base into the base of the tin, not pressing down too hard (as this compacts the filling, and alters the texture of the base).
To make the Filling:
1. Add the raspberries to a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the mixture has intensified and formed a jammy mixture.
2. Add the raspberries and rest of the filling ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Firmly press the mixture into the baking tin on top of the chocolate crust.
To make the Chocolate Topping:
1. Melt coconut oil in a heatproof bowl over a pot of just simmering water. Once liquid, add remaining ingredients then whisk together until smooth. Pour final layer onto cake, and reset in the freezer.
2. To serve, you need to defrost the cake for 30-minutes to 1 hour on the bench before cutting into servings. Transfer to the fridge to allow them to defrost completely, then store in an airtight container in the fridge (up to a week) or freezer (for three weeks).
Lankanto’s 100% naturally sweetened maple flavoured syrup replacement with only 2 net carbs and 24 calories per 30mL serve, is also lifestyle-friendly (Keto, Diabetic, Gluten-free, Candida, Paleo, Plant-based, Vegan, Low Carb, Low Sugar, NON-GMO and endorsed by ‘I Quit Sugar’).
For more delicious 100% naturally sweetened products and recipes be sure to explore Lankanto’s website.