A vegan, gluten- and refined sugar-free slice? Tell us more!
There’s no denying it, thanks to the COVID-19 lockdown, many of us have transformed our baking skills embraced our inner Martha Stewart. Although spending time in the kitchen is therapeutic and brings happiness to an otherwise turbulent and unsettling time, naturally, all these baked creations aren’t doing us any favours when it comes to our waistline and health.
So, rather than putting your tastebuds on lockdown, we’ve sought the help from global health brand Amazonia and their partnered team of experts from Healthy Luxe to create a sweet, devilishly enticing treat that’s also packed full of flavour AND nutrition.
Meet the Anti-Inflammatory Gluten-Free Turmeric Latte Slice recipe. Using Amazonia’s Golden Latte Blend that’s vibrant in colour and full-bodied in flavour, this mix is inspired by the Ayurvedic ‘Golden Milk’ tradition using some of Australia’s most loved spices including turmeric, cinnamon, clove and ginger. When mixed together, dessert lovers will be pleased to know that it doesn’t just taste good, but is renowned for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
FOR THE BASE
1/2 cup macadamias
1/2 cup buckinis
1/2 cup flaked coconut
5 Medjool dates
1/2 tbsp filtered water
FOR THE FILLING
1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked for 3-6 hours)
3/4 cup coconut yoghurt
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp coconut oil
2-3 tbsp coconut nectar
2 tsp Amazonia Golden Latte Blend
1. Combine all ingredients for the base in a high power blender and blend until it forms a smooth consistency.
2. Next, press the mixture into the base of a greased and lined square springform cake tin and set aside while you make the turmeric filling.
3. Combine all ingredients for the turmeric layer in a high power blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Spoon the turmeric mixture on top of the base and place the slice in the freezer for four to five hours or overnight to set.
5. Before serving, allow the slice to thaw and drizzle with melted chocolate (optional).
Looking for some more delicious but healthy treat inspiration? Be sure to check out this Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Coconut Chia Buckwheat Parfait or Leah Itsines’ healthy Plant-Based Strawberry Chocolate Tart to help satisfy your chocolate cravings.