Australia, Start Dreaming About your Post-Iso Holiday with Tourism Australia
As Australia begins to look forward to a future of easing travel restrictions, it’s time to start dreaming about your next Australian adventure.
To help you along the way, and give you inspiration and a taste of the escapism you can expect when it’s safe to travel again, Tourism Australia have curated a whole weekend of live-streamed programming with some of the country’s favourite destinations and ambassadors.
Launching on Channel 10 on Friday 15 May and followed by a back-to-back weekend online program (Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 May), Live from Aus is here to remind you of the best of Australia – from our unique culture to our stunning natural beauty, world-class food and drink industry and, of course, exceptional wildlife.
Join a host of inspiring ambassadors and incredible activities from your own living room. Get up and move to a dance party with The Wiggles and iconic workouts in Byron Bay, experience up close and personal crocodile encounters with the Outback Wrangler Matt Wright or unwind with a dinner party with Matt Moran and friends.
Escape into the Australia you know and dream of by watching the sun set over Uluru or grabbing a schooner and trying your luck with a classic pub trivia night; with this live streamed event, there’ll be something for everyone.
Although it’s been a tough few months with travel on hold and enforced social-distancing rules in place changing our way of life, it is important to get ready to reimmerse yourself into the Australia you miss.
Tourism Minister, Simon Birmingham, has pointed out that restarting the tourism industry once restrictions are eased will be crucial to the livelihoods of all Australians.
“The international border controls and restrictions that have helped to keep Australians safe are sadly inflicting enormous pain on tourism businesses all over Australia,” Minister Birmingham points out. “Those able to take breaks once restrictions are eased should do so knowing they can enjoy the time of their lives while also helping to save the businesses or jobs of fellow Australians.
“Australian optimism is boundless and is just what the world needs right now.” adds Susan Coghill, chief marketing official of Tourism Australia. In order to make dreaming up that Aussie escape as easy as possible, “we will be collaborating with some of the country’s most inspiring creators, industry operators and advocates to bring the Aussie spirit into the living rooms of people around the country and the world, to get them dreaming and planning their Australian holiday,”
Live From Aus kicks off at 7:30pm AEST, Friday 15 May with a special one-off national broadcast on Channel 10’s The Project and will be live streamed thereafter on Tourism Australia’s Facebook page and YouTube channel.
Discover the current schedule below:
Saturday 16 May 2020
- Bondi Brekkie Bowls with Guy Turland
- Aussie Disco with The Wiggles
- Indigenous Ingredients with Jock Zonfrillo
- Koala-ty Time with Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and Candice Dixon
- Cheesemaking with Jo Barrett and Matt Stone
- Putt Like a Pro: Great Golf Courses of Australia Masterclass
- Questacon Liquid Nitrogen Show
- Underwater Reef Tour with Citizens of the Great Barrier Reef
- Australian Wines Stories with Unico Zelo
- Uluru Sunset Session with First Nations music curated by Sounds Australia
- Mate Date Dinner Party with Matt Moran
- An epic Aussie pub trivia night
- Spectra Light Show live from Mona, Tasmania
Sunday 17 May 2020
- Sunrise Yoga with Elements of Byron Bay
- Coffee Masterclass with ONA Coffee
- Kickstart your day with Aussie wildlife zookeeper Chad and Laura Brown
- Mud Crabbing with Juan Walker
- The Great Aussie Brunch with Three Blue Ducks
- Kids Club – Artist to be Announced
- Crocodile Encounter with Matt Wright
- Sunday BBQ Lunch with Hayden Quinn
- Adventure into the Kimberley with Scott Connell and Anthony Walsh
- Wine & Art Pairing with Chester Osborn at the d’Arenberg Cube
- Kangaroo Feeding with Chris ‘Brolga’ Barns
- Kangaroo Island Tour with Craig Wickham from Exceptional Kangaroo Island
- Penguin Parade Bedtime Stories from Phillip Island with Wippa
- Dreamtime Stories with Darren ‘Capes’ Capewell
- A Night at the Sydney Opera House
- Sunday Session with Sounds Australia – Artists to be announced
Looking for more inspiration for your future Aussie holidays? Transport yourself there already with these unique Australiana Zoom backgrounds, or start to get those plans together, whether you’re heading out solo or looking for a romantic escape.