Shake, stir and sip your way through these classic cocktails made using Kendall Jenner’s famed 818 Tequila!
Fourth daughter to momager Kris Jenner, American model and media personality Kendall Jenner has announced the much-anticipated arrival of 818 Tequila in Australia earlier this month. And if the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star has taught us anything, it’s that there’s no point stressing about confusing cucumber-like concoctions.
Harvesting their agave plants at peak maturity – after six to seven years – before slow cooking each batch in traditional ovens for 30 hours, 818 Tequila is then taken through a traditional tahona wheel extraction before it is naturally fermented inside copper pot stills. Finally aged in American and French oak barrels, the famed Kendall Jenner tequila range has earnt over 43 international tasting awards since its debut.
So, pairing up with the arrival of 818 Tequila in Australia, Kendall Jenner shared with us three delicious 818 Tequila cocktail recipes. Using some of the most classic drinks, here you’ll find a frothy reposado espresso martini, an Añejo infused old fashioned and, of course, a punchy margarita made with no other than the famed 818 Tequila Blanco.
818 Espresso Martini
1. Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice. Shake for 15-20 seconds until foamy.
2. Strain into a chilled martini or coupe glass.
3. Garnish with three espresso beans and serve.
818 Old Fashioned
75mL 818 Tequila Añejo
1 cube of sugar
3 dashes of Angostura Bitters
Splash of water
Orange peel, to garnish
Maraschino cherry, to garnish
1. Add the bitters, water and sugar to an old fashioned glass. Muddle to make a paste.
2. Add an ice cube and the 818 Tequila Añejo. Garnish with the cherry and orange peel.
818 Pura Margarita
60mL 818 Tequila Blanco
30mL fresh lime juice
30mL agave syrup
1. Add all ingredients to an ice-filled shaker. Shake hard until chilled.
2. Strain into an ice-filled old fashioned glass and enjoy!