Extremely moreish, this one-pot delight will soon be a family favourite dish!
Mustard, it’s the one condiment that is usually the most disregarded. However, in our opinion, it has so much potential beyond the infamous hot dog. Take this Honey Mustard Chicken with Shaved Cabbage Salad recipe. It’s creamy, it’s tangy and it’s moreish.
Of course, to achieve the perfect balance of sweet to tang, MasterFoods sought out the help of much loved Australian chef Tom Walton.
“I love both the flavours and colour the yellow mustard brings to the dish, really creating excitement in the dish with its crisp, tart and tangy characteristics. The mustard, with a little spike of honey and thyme, creates an extremely morish one-pot delight,” says Tom.
So what are you waiting for? An explosion of flavour? A one-pot delight? Search no more for the new family favourite thanks to this Honey Mustard Chicken with Shaved Cabbage Salad recipe!
Duration: 1 hour | Difficulty: Easy | Servings: 4
For the Honey Mustard Chicken:
4 chicken Maryland’s
Salt and pepper
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, finely diced
3 kestrel potatoes, cut into wedges
6 sprigs thyme
3 tbsp MasterFoods Mild American Mustard
1-2 tbsp honey
200mL chicken stock
For the Shaved Cabbage Salad:
¼ white cabbage, finely sliced
4 radishes, finely sliced
1 bulb fennel, finely sliced
Handful flat leaf parsley, finely sliced
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp vinegar
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat an oven to 210 celsius. Meanwhile, place the chicken Maryland’s on a plate, seasoning with salt and pepper.
2. Place a large pan over a high heat and add half the olive oil along with the chicken, skin side down, cooking to caramelise the skin side, about 2 minutes, then remove to a plate.
3. Turn the heat down to a medium, add another splash of olive oil to the pan (if needed) along with the diced onion, potato and a pinch of salt. Cook to soften the onion, about 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the thyme, mustard, honey, and cream, bring to a simmer then nestle in the chicken, skin side up, cover with a lid and transfer to the oven and cook for 35-40 minutes.
5. Remove the lid half-way through, baste the chicken with the cooking liquid and return to the oven to get some more nice caramelisation.
6. Before the Honey Mustard Chicken is ready to serve, combine the cabbage, fennel, radish and parsley in a large serving bowl.
7. Then, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and dress the salad seasoning to taste. Enjoy!
Make the most of your mustard with this Vegan One-Pot Sri Lankan Pumpkin, Coconut and Mustard Curry Recipe. Or savour this Yorkshire Tea Poached Chicken Salad by Will Stewart.