After just one bite, you’ll go bananas for this new recipe.
In partnership with one of Australia’s and New Zealand’s leading chefs and restaurateurs, Sean Connolly, alongside with BeefEater barbecues, we’ve found the perfect dessert recipe for you to indulge in – all using one of Australia’s favourite year-round fruits – bananas.
Sean Connolly’s Maple Baked BBQ Bananas recipe is so good that you’ll want to swap out your banana-topped pancakes and even your favourite banana bread recipe, because this bad boy will become your easiest, tastiest and favourite sweet-treat dessert fix – finished in under 20-minutes on your barbeque!
Cooking time: 20-minutes | Difficulty: Super Easy | Servings: 6
6 sugar bananas peeled, split in half
3 cinnamon sticks cut in half
6 desserts spoons of maple syrup
Zest of one large orange
6 sheets of greaseproof paper
6 sheets of aluminium foil
1. Lay out 6 sheets of aluminium foil on the kitchen bench. Next, lay the greaseproof paper over the top of the aluminium foil.
2. Fold all four corners together to form a bowl like appearance.
3. Then, place the banana flesh in the ‘paper bowl’ and share out all the other ingredients equally between the bananas.
4. Close the parcels up by crimping the foil together at the top.
5. Place on the BBQ plate and cook on a low heat for 8-10 minutes.
6. Once cooked, open the envelopes in front of your guest so they can smell the aromas of the baked bananas. To finish, serve with your favourite vanilla ice cream and enjoy.