Want to know how to make the best oven-roasted potatoes? We’ve found something even better.
Partnering with one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading chefs and restaurateurs, Sean Connolly, we’ve been let in on a secret on how to make the best oven-roasted potatoes using your barbeque. That’s right. Sean Connolly’s BBQ Duck Fat Potatoes recipe uses less than six ingredients to make some of the best potatoes year-round!
Crispy on the outside and lightly fluffed on the inside, this Duck Fat Potatoes recipe is the perfect addition to any barbeque feast and you don’t need to be an expert to ace it.
Looking for your next lunch or dinner BBQ party recipe? Heat up your la plancha as things are about to get cooking!
Cooking time: 25-minutes | Difficulty: Super Easy
6 medium roasting potatoes, thickly sliced
Bulb of garlic
2 small rosemary twigs
Large pan of cold salted water
6 dessert spoons of duck fat
Maldon Sea Salt Flakes to taste
1. Boil the potatoes until tender in salted water. Next, drain off the water into a colander in the sink.
2. Set the potatoes aside to help them dry out. Meanwhile, put the hot plate on a low heat to warm up. Close the lid to the barbeque to help speed up the warming process.
3. Once the potatoes are dry and the flat plate is hot, simply drizzle a spoonful of duck fat on the flat plate then place the potato scallops face down on the flat plate. Drizzle with another spoon of duck fat and sprinkle with crushed garlic bulb, rosemary and sea salt.
4. Cook until deep golden brown on both sides. If needed, occasionally drizzle with more duck fat.
5. Once super crispy, remove from the barbeque and serve on a warm platter with a side of steak or Saltimbocca King Prawns.
Want to try out more of Sean Connolly’s barbeque recipes? Why not try Saltimbocca King Prawns and Maple Baked BBQ Bananas.