Looking for the sweetest way to celebrate your Easter weekend? Then do so with this tasty cheesecake recipe!
If you’ve already inhaled too many treats in isolation, then prepare yourself for some more. We’ve partnered with Australian Eggs to share the ultimate dessert recipe for your Easter 2023 celebrations. Using an orgasmic combination of chocolate and caramel, this Easter Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake recipe will be the tastiest and sweetest treat to indulge in this Easter weekend.
Cooking time: approximately 1 hour 45 minutes total | Difficulty: Medium | Servings: 12
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
250g digestive biscuits
125g butter, melted
750g cream cheese, at room temperature
3 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 cup caster sugar
300g sour cream
2 tbsp cornflour, sifted
Chocolate wafer biscuits, cut diagonally into pieces, to serve
Easter eggs, to serve
Honeycomb, chopped, to serve
FOR THE CHOC-CARAMEL SAUCE
180g bar Caramello chocolate, broken into pieces
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
¾ cup thickened cream
1. Using a 23-centimetre round springform pan, secure the base and line pan with baking paper.
2. Place the digestive biscuits in a food processor and process until finely crushed. Add butter and process until combined. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan. Use the back of a spoon or a straight-sided glass to spread and press the biscuit mixture firmly over the base. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan-forced. Using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese, vanilla and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and flour. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined and scraping down the side of the bowl with a spatula.
4. Pour cream cheese mixture into the prepared pan. Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until almost set in the centre. Turn the oven off. Leave the cheesecake in the oven, with the door slightly ajar, until cooled (this will prevent the cake from cracking). Refrigerate overnight.
5. On the day of serving, make the Choc-Caramel sauce. To do this, place the Caramello, brown sugar, cream and butter in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat stirring for 3-4 minutes or until smooth and combined. Transfer to a heatproof jug. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until thickened and cool.
6. Remove cheesecake from the pan. Drizzle choc-caramel sauce over the cheesecake. Decorate the top with chocolate wafer biscuits, Easter eggs and honeycomb. Serve with any remaining sauce for pouring over.