Winter is now warm thanks to this deliciously easy ragu pasta made with kale, pecorino and lots of love.
It’s the time of the year where thick socks, long coats tummy warming dishes have made a comeback. Winter was coming, and now it’s here.
Thankfully, the legends over at Bellucci Cucina have shared with us the ultimate winter warmer meal: their Sausage Ragu and Pecorino Cavatelli Recipe. Or, for the traditionalists out there, Cavatelli Alla Norcina.
Duration: 20 minutes | Difficulty: Easy | Servings: 2
20g pecorino romano, grated
10g parmigiano reggiano, grated
10g unsalted butter unsalted 10g (an additional 10g for the kale puree)
Sea salt flakes
Black pepper whole
100g sausage ragu (Pork and Fennel sausage meat)
2 garlic cloves
1. In a large pot with salted boiling water, cook the cavatelli pasta for 4-5 minutes or until al dente. Save 20mL of pasta water for step four.
2. Meanwhile, puree the kale with the garlic cloves and 10g of butter. Add more garlic cloves to taste. Combine the puree and cooked cavatelli, set aside.
3. Then, in a hot pan, add the ragu and the vegetable stock. Bring to boil. Add the remaining 10g of butter and 1 tablespoon of the parmigiano reggiano.
4. Lower the heat and add the cooked cavatelli with puree to the ragu. Stir in the 20mL of pasta water.
5. To serve, place the cavatelli with ragu on a plate and garnish with the pecorino romano and baked kale leaves. Serve immediately!
Looking for other Italian dishes to try this winter? For the gin and seafood lovers we’ve found a Crab and Tarragon Gin Tagliatelle Recipe. Or, why not try Manu Feildel’s Chicken and Mushroom Pasta Bake Recipe.