5 reasons why you need to try this workout
STRONG by Zumba® is a brand new workout picking up steam around the world, offering a non-dance high-intensity workout for all fitness fanatics.
STRONG by Zumba® combines bodyweight, muscle conditioning, cardio and plyometric training moves, all to the beat of original music to keep you moving and tone your abs, glutes, arms and legs.
Jarrod Tucker, STRONG by Zumba®‘s Master Trainer has given us five reasons why you need to try the workout which has grabbed the attention of cricketer Chris Green and Saved by the Bell start turned television host, Mario Lopez:
- STRONG by Zumba® gives you an intense work-out burn – the high-intensity workout stimulates a higher calorie burn over the course of an hour. The hour is divided into four quadrants to give you a maximum burn in the shortest amount of time
- STRONG by Zumba® teaches you coordination and form – plyometric moves like burpees and high knees are combined with isometric moves like lunges and squats to help you keep momentum and push your body into a regulated tempo
- The music plays a huge role in motivating you – similar to classic Zumba® classes, STRONG by Zumba® leaves it up to their original music to keep you motivated and positive. You’ll do more reps and burn more with invigorating music leading you
- Your core is going to thank you big time – STRONG by Zumba® doesn’t use any equipment – just your body weight. One quadrant is fully dedicated to floor exercises, which will no doubt challenge your core strength
- You’ll be challenged in every class – STRONG by Zumba®‘s instructors change the music and moves of the class frequently, meaning you’ll never get bored and you’ll always be faced with a new challenge
STRONG by Zumba® is now running at Crunch Fitness gyms in Sydney and Melbourne and is also running at UFC Gym in Sydney’s Alexandria – try a class today.