Whiskey Grilled Chicken Wings: Recipe
Whiskey and chicken – the two greatest things are now combined.
If you love whipping up new creations, then this may be the recipe just for you. Partnering with traveller, surfer and author of WILD: Adventure Cookbook, Sarah Glover, we’ve been let in on a taste of what’s hidden within the 340 page extraordinaire. Perfect for your next camping trip, family barbeque or summer feast, the Whisky Grilled Chicken Wings are just as easy as it is to make as they are delicious. So grab a bottle of Jameson Irish Whiskey and let’s get marinating!
1kg chicken wings
100mL Jameson Irish Whiskey
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
320mL Jameson whiskey
1 tbsp brown sugar
juice of 1 lime
1 spring onion, finely chopped
1. Place the chicken wings in a bowl. Add the whiskey, brown sugar and soy sauce and turn to coat the chicken well. Cover and marinate in the fridge or esky on ice for four hours or overnight for extra tasty wings.
2. Heat your Traeger Grill to 180C as per the instructions.
3. Place the chicken wings on the grill, close the lid and cook for 15 minutes each side.
4. Meanwhile, to make the whisky sauce, whisk together the whisky, brown sugar, lime juice and spring onion.
5. Once the chicken has cooked, remove from the grill and drizzle the whiskey sauce over the chicken and enjoy the sunset.
WILD: Adventure Cookbook
Camp food has now got a delicious twist. If you have a passion for travelling and cooking combined then Sarah Glover’s WILD: Adventure Cookbook is the ultimate recipe book to add to your collection.
Available to purchase from Dymocks for $85.